Friday, March 6, 2009

Putting Our Shoes On

Last night I had the precious privilege to pray with and be prayed for by an incredible group of women. We (Mom, Taylor, and I) were among a group of women who I admire so much and strive to be like one day. Such sweet words were said and taken to God on our behalf. These women begged God for things we want and prayed protection over us throughout this whole process. We cried, laughed, and shared. It was so wonderful.
The thing that left the biggest impression, however, was their willingness to put on their shoes and walk this journey with us. There was no hesitation in allowing Mom and Dad to set the pace and they would all follow along to be encouragement and support. We all know even under the best of circumstances that cancer is a long journey and because God has blessed us so dearly, we do not have to go down that road alone. That is one of the biggest blessings of a church family. This is why Mom and Dad have been here 25 years. These people that we are surrounded by love the Lord with all of their hearts and it shows.
This situation stinks, with Mom having cancer, but it has already been such a blessing. I am ready and willing to grow in whatever way God has planned for me and I know I have every one of those women to help and encourage me. I am completely overwhelmed with love for each of you. I am also in utter awe of the God we serve who never ceases to amaze me with his grace and compassion on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment