Sunday, March 8, 2009

Family Fun

Last week after Mom was diagnosed with cancer, my uncle Don called me and said he was going to arrange for the family to get together for a sort of pep rally for Mom. I had no idea how he was going to pull it together or how many people would even stop what they were doing and come. On Saturday afternoon I showed up at the restaurant where we were all to meet and was amazed at how many of our family members left their own lives at home to encourage ours here. There were 30 people who showed up. Don had made t-shirts for all of us with a pink ribbon and "TEAM Sharon" on the front. Mom was so excited to see everyone. I think it really boosted her and made her feel special. Many of them also stayed and went to church with us that evening. We all wore our shirts proudly. We were a sight I am sure.
I want to say thank you to every single one of you who made this weekend as special as it was. Tom-thank you so much for putting all the out-of-towners up in the hotel. Don-thank you for thinking of the event, lunch, t-shirts, and travel. Tim-thank you for coordinating the other side of the family. Don, Juanda, Kendyl, Kyle, Matt, Jonelle, Cindy, Tom, Julie, Trey, Preston, John, Jan, Papa Dad, Nana, Max, Andrea, Tim, Shelly, Reagan, Bailey, Susan, Norman, Russell, Amanda, and Hunter thank you all for being the family that you are and showing us the love of Christ in your support of our Sweets.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coordinating this deal, even with 2 sick kids. I think everyone had a great time. Don't hesitate to call in the next few months if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I owe this family lots and lots of thanks for this weekend! In fact, I just owe this family a lot- period!

    ReplyDelete