Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hard to Hear

I did not post yesterday because, to be honest, I needed some time to digest the information given to us yesterday about Mom's treatment. As most of you know, I was not prepared for any of this buy yesterday's news, for some reason, just rocked my world (not my faith, just my day I guess). Anyway, we were told that Mom now has an aggressive stage 3 cancer that we must deal with quickly. That means that chemo will start on Wed. and last for 16 weeks. That is going to be extremely hard on her body. My prayer for that is that it will go by quickly and the Drs. can help keep her as comfortable as possible. The chemo will be followed by surgery and then that will be followed by 6 1/2 weeks of radiation. Please join me in praying that the chemo be successful and quick to attack this disease.
Like Mom says, all the time, we lean fully on our God who gives us the strength to go through this but He also blesses us with each of you that we will also be leaning on. You all have been a source of strength already and I know this will continue throughout this long road ahead.

9 comments:

  1. Randi,
    I am so sorry! I have been on my knees praying and will continue to do that. I am here if you need anything! We have two women in our church at beat this cancer because they are fighters and I know your mom is too. I am praying everyday! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randi ~ I too hated to hear this news. We know Sharon is strong and determined and we are pleading with God to heal her and give her strength during these treatments. Let us know how best to support you guys and help. Love to all, Gayle Biggers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying, my friend. I won't pretend to understand what you are experiencing right now, or the hard road you all have to travel, but I'm here and we're all here, loving you guys and lifting you up to the Lord. I'm so glad we serve and love and good God. He is in control. Love you.
    P.S. If ANYone can kick cancer's butt, Sharon SURE can!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randi--Love you so much and think about and pray for your mom (and for yall) all the time. God bless you with strength today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randi,as I read the news, I couldn't help but think back to when we all met. So long ago, yet it seems like just yesterday. Now everyone is grown! You are a beautiful young woman with a beautiful heart and a precious family. We will be praying for all of you during this season of life - knowing that our God is able!
    Love you, Sara & Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Randi-
    We are praying constantly for all of you! Your faith is amazing. Our God is the God of comfort, healing, and He is for you! I know you guys have so many to lean on--just wanted you to know you can add me to the list!
    Praying Hard!
    Love~
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Randi, I found your blog through Jennifer's. Am so sorry to hear that your mom's cancer is aggressive but I will be praying that the chemo does it's job quickly and effectively! I truly admire your family's faith through all of this and pray that God gives you all peace during these difficult times. It was great seeing you at Jennifer's shower a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Randi, just wanted you to know I have been reading your blog regularly and will continue to pray for healing for your mom and courage for all of you standing beside her.

    Found your blog through Tara - so glad to reconnect.

    -Amanda (Clark) Farrell

    ReplyDelete