Monday, March 16, 2009

Competitive Soccer

Well...after many nights of not sleeping and trying to combat a double ear infection on a two year old, Freeby and I decided to go on a quick date last night. It was really refreshing. Peggy (Freeby's mom) came to watch the kids for a bit and we left to go to Ghengis Grill. It was pretty good started unexpectedly. After Peggy left and we were counting down the time until bath and bed time, we started to play a game of soccer with Cason. After a few minutes he was disinterested so Freeby and I kept playing. We threw some rules in there and even kept score. After all was said and done, Freeby ended the game before taking it too serious and he beat me 7-5. I am ready and waiting for a rematch anytime. I think I have his number next time and who knows I may even get in a little practice before he gets home. Moral of the story: never stop playing soccer with your spouse and always know when to quit before it gets too competitive (or before your wife beats you).

2 comments: