Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm In Love With Three Men


Okay, maybe not three men, but one man and two boys. I think it is about time I blog about something that is about our family and what we are up to.
First, Freeby. He is doing really well. He loves his job and does it so well. I am so proud of him at every turn. His job is so demanding but he always seems to have something left over for us here at home. He is an incredible husband and dad. He spoils me rotten and our boys simply adore him. Every day when the boys hear him pull in the driveway they go running and cannot wait for him to open the door. He continues to bless us with his growth in the Lord and the leadership that he shows to our family.
Next, Cason. Where do I start? This kid is hilarious. He keeps us constantly entertained. He is coming up on 2 1/2 years and he does more and more every day. He loves to sing, count, say his ABC's, basically show off in any way that he can. He adores trains (especially Thomas the tank engine) and "Cars". He loves to try every sport and he is pretty good at most everything he tries. Cason is especially good at kicking. He loves soccer and football. Just the other day, though, he was begging us for a tennis racket, so we broke down and bought him one. He has used it every day since and has gotten pretty good. For that matter, Freeby and I have improved on our skills too. Cason has also started to encourage his dad by saying things like, "Good job, Dad" or "Good boy, Daddy". Things with Cason have gone so fast, like everyone said. But, we are enjoying every moment and are amazed at how much God has blessed us with this one.
Last, but not least, Braden. Braden is so unique and so different from Cason yet, he loves his big brother's attention. They are just starting to really interact and play a little bit with each other. Braden has been pretty remarkable in his physical ability. It is obvious that he wants to be where Cason is at all times because he started really crawling at 6 months and has not slowed down since. He loves to pull up on anything and everything. It is hard to keep Braden in one place because he loves to see and be a part of everything. He has also mastered the art of smiling. This kid can light up a room with his smile. He enjoys playing and interacting and it shows. When he gets going with his belly laugh it is not long before everyone in the room is laughing too, because it is so contagious. I love to hear him laugh and see him smile. Braden is also very emotional. He gets so sad if his toy is taken away of if he can't find who he is looking for in the house. He has such a tender heart. I think this trait is going to serve him well later in life. I know that God has equipped him to feel things deeply for himself and for others. I look forward to what God has in store for him.
As you can tell, I am totally smitten with all the men in my life. I am truly blessed and adore the ones God has placed in my life. I love to look back and see what God was planning. I am also enjoying living in the moment God has given me right now. It gives me confidence to look ahead and have no idea what the future holds but know who holds that future.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to say that those boys in your life are also equally blessed to have a mommy and wife like you! I miss you and am so glad to hear what your sweet little family is up to!

    ReplyDelete