Thursday, August 6, 2009

25th Anniversary Celebration

Last night we celebrated my parents being at RHCC for 25 years. What a great night it was. It is so out of character for my dad to be in the spotlight. In fact, it is almost uncomfortable for him. But, it was great to hear what so many had to say about both of my parents. I have always known that Dad and Mom have had an amazing impact on the people at our church. To hear them encourage them and dote on Dad a little was wonderful. His spiritual gifts are many but, his gift of mercy shines bright. So many people talked about his mercy last night and I have to second everything they said. I have been so blessed in my life to have the two parents that I was given. I love to see and hear that others feel the same way about them.
As a child I saw more behind the scenes stuff than most, and I can honestly say that Dad has always handled things with the love of Christ and had others interest at heart. He loves so deeply and those who have been touched by him love him deeply too. Our church family is so wonderful. What a great and blessed 25 years it has been! I thank God for each and every blessing he has given to us and I pray for many more blessings on the RHCC people.

1 comment:

  1. I was bummed that I had practice after church because I would've LOVED to come up and tell your dad and mom how special I think they are and what an example they've always been. You really are blessed with spectacular parents. I cried a pint or two when they both got up on the stage - such beautiful people. I was so blessed to hear your dad's letter. I'm glad your family had such a special night - it was a long time coming! :)

    ReplyDelete