Sunday, August 23, 2009

Freeby Family Update

In my last post I wrote about potty training Cason. I chose to go with Lora Jensen's 3 Day Potty Training. The intense training lasted for 3 long days and I have to say it was so worth it. We have had a couple of accidents here and there but, overall Cason is potty trained night and day. He is so smart and knew exactly what we were doing. He caught on really well and I am so thankful that God gave me all that I needed to get this done. There were many times during those three days that I needed patience, understanding, energy, encouragement, a heart felt smile, and so much more. God granted me all that I needed and more. Freeby was such a help too. When he wasn't backing me up, he was taking over with Braden, the house cleaning, going to the store, and everything in between. There is no way Cason and I could have been successful without him. Cason is so proud of himself and we are proud of him too.
Braden is also growing and changing so much. He will be walking in no time. We are having a few struggles with his feeding, though. At 5 months we started to introduce oatmeal and baby food. We tried again and again and again without any progress. He is now 9 months old and we have not made much more progress. He likes most everything. We try all kinds of baby food as well as our table food but, he is just unable to get any food to stay in his mouth and go down. We have an appointment to have an IFE (infant feeding evaluation) on Sept. 10th and would greatly appreciate prayers for this. He is also not sleeping through the night at all. I am hoping that when he is able to get a good amount on his stomach that he will be able to go longer without being hungry. I am making it sound like he is a difficult baby and to be honest that is not the case at all. Braden is so easy in every other area. He is so mobile and curious about everything. He is so good at entertaining himself and playing with anything and everything. He loves to laugh and smile. He is so happy and we just don't know what we would do without him.
Freeby and I just keep on going. Although we are so tired, we are also so blessed to have such precious boys as our best friends. We are going to miss these stages, that the boys are in right now, so much when they are gone. For now, we just try to soak it all in and cherish every moment that we have with them and each other. God is so good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment