Friday, July 10, 2009

Surgery Went Well

Mom's surgery went well today. She had some pain right after surgery but they quickly got that under control. When I left, she was napping every now and then and sharing all her blessings with all the nursing staff. She never ceases to amaze us. All of your thoughts, prayers, and visits helped make today even more blessed.
When I got home, I called Dad to check on them. He got choked up and said that a whole bunch of the nurses from the hospital had come into Mom's room with a cake wishing them a Happy Anniversary. That was such a kind thing for them to do. They just happen to hear them tell each other Happy Anniversary as she was being taken into surgery. That nurse went and asked permission to get them a cake, and so they did. What kind and thoughtful people those nurses are. When Dad told me that, I burst into tears. What a way to spend your 33rd wedding anniversary. The funny thing is...as long as my parents are together, neither one of them really cared. They find a way to make everything they do a memory. They are such a great example of what a wonderful marriage should be.
I am back at home now, but will update tomorrow when I find out more about how her night went and when they think she will be able to go home. As always, thank you, more than words can express, for your love, support, and prayers. God has blessed us with each one of you.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am crying right now just reading that story. God is so good and never ceases to amaze! Your parents have always been a wonderful example of a God fearing marriage! You are so blessed to have them! I love you and can't wait to hug you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I'm so glad you updated - I wanted to call but didn't want to be a burden rather than a help. Your parents really are amazing people. What a testimony they are to others - there's no telling what miracles they're doing in other peoples' hearts by loving the Lord with such joy the way they are. I've been thinking about you all and praying for you today. I'll keep on till you tell me to stop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Randi! How sweet and precious it is to have such loving parents - I know how blessed Ron and I are and it is so good to see how much your parents love each other and love their girls!

    Will be praying in Mexico! I leave tomorrow!

    Marilyn and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet family so much!! The strength and positivity you all posses during this time is amazing!! God is faithful and I see that is so true in your family. I will keep praying!! Love you and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete