Sunday, July 26, 2009

An Emotional Weekend

My poor dad has lived with three women for quite a long time and is very used to our emotional activity. He was so excited when he got sons in law to roll his eyes with and to laugh with him when the women in their lives were a little hyper-sensitive. This weekend, for some reason, has been one of those weekends. We are all doing very well. Mom is continuing to recover and she gets stronger every day. I am constantly amazed at all she is able to do. That being said, it has always happened when one of the girls in our family cries, we all seem to chime in. It is like a chain reaction. Taylor is away from her husband and that just stinks no matter how you look at it. She is so strong and does so well but, it is so hard. Needless to say, Taylor can cry at the drop of a hat to just about anything. Mom has been emotional too for obvious reasons. Her journey is so long and daunting, you just have to expect times of emotional exhaustion. That is kind of where Mom is right now. She can't remember feeling good and there is not really an end in sight. The middle area always seems to be the hardest. Anyway, I am emotional too, for no reason in particular. My aunt and cousin came in this weekend to lift our spirits, and lift them they did. I miss spending time with them. When I say, we have an awesome family I am not exaggerating. They really are wonderful and oh, so fun to be with. There is laughter at every turn. But, I miss them. I hate when they have to leave. They are precious to us. My boys have also been rather needy lately with Braden teething and Cason just being two. We have not slept much which is not the best. I know this will pass. I cherish every moment, even when no sleep is involved. I am simply trying to explain the recipe for emotions around here.
It never fails when the Washburn women are emotional, it is followed up by a lot of laughter. We look back at things we either cried about or wanted to cry about and we laugh. Oh, do we laugh! Dad has a way of waiting for just the right time and then he finds a way to make us laugh about our irrationality and we just...laugh. Freeby and Tyrel are picking up on this and they are getting really good at it. I expect the next few days to be spent laughing and renewing our spirits for this long and blessed journey. Thanks for hanging in there with us crazy women. We are so blessed and have so much to laugh at.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the laughter! I will be praying for the Washburn girls! I love all of you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your sweet words, and guess what? They make me cry! LOL! We are crazy, for sure! Thank goodness we can cry and laugh... and, do it with people we love the most! I love you!

    ReplyDelete