Thursday, April 9, 2009

Small Group Easter Egg Hunt

Last Sunday John and Courtney filled and hid eggs in their backyard for all the kids in our small group to hunt. I wish I had all the words to tell this story with all the excitement that it had but I just know I cannot do it justice. Watching all the kids go crazy trying to find the eggs and watching them fall out of the baskets and watching kids fall and trip and lose interest and steal other kids' eggs was just so hilarious. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a while. We tried and tried to get a good picture, but as you can tell, we were a bit unsuccessful. This one was the best we could get. Right after this picture was taken Braden rolled backwards and ended up with the little rubber pieces in his mouth. I know I shouldn't have but I just kept laughing. These kids are such a joy in our lives. ( We missed the four who were not there by the way.) Our small group is no longer small. It is full of chaos and excitement, laughter and enjoyment. God has blessed our lives so much by placing these people in it. There is nothing like sharing your life with others who love and encourage you. Thank you God for these people and these sweet, precious, little angels.

2 comments:

  1. we missed being there, too...you are right that our "small group" is not exactly small...but i wouldn't have it any other way! it's truly amazing how God places the exact right people in your lives at the exact right times...and it's even more of a blessing to watch the lives of your children be enriched through the relationships of other sweet kids...we are so thankful for all of you...for all the laughter, for the shared struggles, and just for having people to walk alongside in this season of life...sure do love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special that these kids are going to grow up loving each other and having such great role models leading them in the steps of the Lord. I love this picture!

    ReplyDelete