Monday, April 27, 2009

Great Day to Stay in Bed

This weekend proved tough but manageable for Mom. She stayed on top of the nausea and pain for the most part but still felt both. I went and stayed with her on Sunday morning so that Dad could go to church and not worry about leaving her. My sweet aunt Andrea also came over to help which turned out great because it allowed me to help Mom with some of the embroidery that we want to get done. It gave me some good time to help her while letting her TRY to sleep and rest. While Mom never left the bed, she was still in great spirits. She is not going into work today either. Her pain and achiness are just more than she would like and so bed seems to be the only answer right now. Dad is so sweet. He gets her set up before he leaves and then comes home on his lunch hour to check on her. For those of you wandering if she needs someone there while he is gone-the answer is no. She has everything she needs right there and she calls and checks in with me when she is awake. Otherwise, she is trying to sleep and does that best when no one is there. We knew from the beginning that the cumulative effects of this were going to make it more difficult with each dose, but we are thankful her body is doing what it needs to bounce back each round so far. As far as the MRI goes...they have not scheduled it yet. I will let all of you know when it is as soon as we know. I hope it will end up being some time this week. We are just waiting to hear from the Dr.'s office. Your prayers on our behalf mean more than you will ever know and we ask that you keep them coming. So much of this battle has to be fought by Mom alone, but whatever others can do to help she is more than willing to let us. If I know of anything that needs to be done, I promise I will pass that information along so that you all can help. Until then, keep praying and encouraging. God has greatly blessed us with each one of you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Randi for the update. I had an operation a long time ago and after the surgery a friend came by the hospital and wanted to be there for me and I just wanted him to go away so I could focus on sleeping and getting well and not have to feel like I had to converse. So we all understand but we do want and need these updates. Your mom is blessed to have such special daughters!~marilyn

    ReplyDelete