Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mom's Latest

Many of you that I have seen are asking about how Mom is doing. She has such a great attitude and her spirits are up but she has not had the same experience this time as the previous two. This round of chemo for some reason has been a bit of a beast. It might be the cumulative effects, I am not totally sure. She started, almost immediately, with nausea and then achiness, and tiredness. The tiredness is the one that has really held on this time. She seems to have gotten the other two symptoms under control in the last few days but she just does not have any energy. Because of this, I ask that you pray that her numbers go up by Thursday. She goes in for labs, which will tell if her body has bounced back enough to have the next round of chemo, and then she will hopefully have the next round of chemo that same day. The reason I am praying for the next round to happen (which seems mean to pray for) is because if she has this next round on Thursday then the following Thursday she will go in for an MRI to see if the tumors are shrinking. This is something we have been praying for since the first day of chemo. We want it to be working. All of these awful effects will have a purpose if the cancer is shrinking. So this week and next please join me in praying for the effects to subside, the blood count numbers to be good, the chemo to be working, and as always, God be glorified every step of this journey.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Randi, thanks for sharing and giving us specific things to pray for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cody and I have been wondering about when the MRI was going to be. We will be praying for your mom and your family. I know things are going to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Randi, for saying this better than I could. I know I've leaned an awful lot on you and I thank you for the strength you are to me! Thanks to all your precious friends for their love and support and especially for their prayers! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete