Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pick Up the Phone!!!

Today was such a blessed day. I got to spend the day with Mom. We had such a treasured time. We laughed and cried and then laughed some more. We, as a family, have always believed in saying what needs to be said when it needs to be said. Today was no different. This was the first time I have actually seen her since we found out that her cancer is back. It was so needed to just see her and be with her. I'm sure, in some families, this would be just a sad time where everyone cries and stays down. Not in our family...we have way too many reasons to keep rejoicing even when the tears come. I won't share too much of what we said to each other but we left no stone unturned.
On day one, we were in shock! We grieved the news and mourned deeply.
Day two, we were more hopeful about treatment and maintenance of the cancer.
Here we are in day three and I am somewhere in the middle. Reality is starting to set in and my emotions come in waves. Today is about accepting what is before us (while knowing God could change it at any moment) and dealing with what we know.
I write all this to encourage anyone who is reading this to not wait. Pick up the phone and say what needs to be said. We are not sure of tomorrow. Make sure the people you love know you love them today. I have no question about the love Mom has for me and visa versa. Life is too short. Don't wait for Valentine's Day (there you go Kenneth), make sure your loved ones know where they stand with you now.
I pray that as my children grow up, they never have to question for a single moment my love for them or that they never have to wander if I am proud of them or the job they are doing. I have been fortunate to have a mom that has never left me wandering or questioning. Her legacy will live on in that way and hopefully many, many others. I love you, Mom and always will!

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Thanks for sharing your heart. Praying for you continually. Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete